Texas Oncology in Round Rock, TX is searching for a full-time
Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) for the Round Rock location at 2410 Round Rock Ave., Suite 150 Round Rock, TX 78681. The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p with no weekends, call or major holidays. Under general supervision, the Infusion RN provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in company wide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Texas Oncology delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories."® in their fight against cancer. We are an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends.
Texas Oncology has more than 175 locations throughout Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our network is not a single institution. It is the driving passion of more than 420 physicians collectively focused on treating cancer and blood disorders with leading-edge technology and innovative research no matter where you live. On average, we treat more than 50,000 new cancer patients each year, with documented growth year over year. Texas Oncology pioneered the concept of community-based, outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers. We give local communities access to leading-edge technology that was previously only available in larger metropolitan areas. Texas Breast Specialists and Texas Urology Specialists are a part of Texas Oncology. Texas Oncology is an affiliate of The U.S. Oncology Network, which is owned by McKesson Specialty Health, a division of McKesson Corporation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid level provider.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Serves as mentor/preceptor and provides day to day guidance to less experienced nurses.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience, preferably in an oncology or hospital environment
- Current or pending Oncology certification preferred. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
- Current CPR certification required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology/hematology clinic environment.ABOUT TEXAS ONCOLOGY:
The vision of Texas Oncology is to be the first choice for cancer care. We have high standards for patient satisfaction and offer exceptional value in cancer care. We also strive to advance clinical research and develop innovative approaches to treatment of oncology and hematology disorders.
The mission of Texas Oncology is to provide excellent, evidence-based care for each patient we serve, while advancing cancer care for tomorrow. To this end, we give patients access to the highest quality cancer care available today within their own local communities. Our cutting-edge technologies, treatments and research are offered in welcoming and comfortable environments. We maintain comprehensive quality oversight and responsible financial management. At all times, we pride ourselves in being moral, ethical and efficient as a medical practice and employer.
We extend an extremely competitive offering of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401-k with a matching component, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and Wellness & Perks Programs.
Come join our growing organization and enjoy knowing that you work for an organization dedicated to making the lives of others better.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.