A Delivery Assistant partners with Delivery Services team members and works collaboratively to provide exceptional customer service to all accounts with product delivery and merchandising; responsible for the completeness and correctness of all delivered orders. This role works under the direction of the assigned Route/Swing Driver and is assigned to the Delivery Services department which is part of the Operations team.
- Assists with deliveries to all scheduled accounts in accordance with Customer Service Guidelines while adhering to all applicable driving and safety regulations.
- Loads, unloads, and moves product repetitively using appropriate equipment throughout shift while maintaining a clean, clutter-free and organized work area and backroom in all retail accounts as directed by the Route/Swing Driver.
- Stocks all windows, cold boxes, coolers, hot shelves and displays in retail accounts quickly and efficiently as directed by the Route/Swing Driver.
- Rotates product to ensure quality standards are maintained.Adheres to Swap and Drop procedures and TABC Guidelines as required.
- Effectively communicates issues and opportunities to the Route/Swing Driver or Coach as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to all applicable driving and safety regulations.
* This position requires working flexible and extended work hours, weekends and holidays.
A Delivery Assistant has a greater opportunity to succeed if they can develop and master the following job related competencies and KSAs.
- Andrews Portfolio and DISC
- Customer Service Principles
- DOT Regulations and Guidelines
- Packaging and Code Dates
- Quality Standards and Procedures
- Safety Procedures and Policies
- SmartDrive Program
- Swap and Drop Procedure
- TABC Guidelines
Skills & Abilities
- Attention to Detail Skills
- Ability to Operate Forklift, Pallet Jack, Lift Gate and Other Required Equipment
- Ability to Organize and Prioritize Workload
- Ability to Perform Basic Math and Write Legibly
- Ability to Solve Problems and Develop Potential Solutions
- Ability to Use a Dolly Properly
- Ability to Work Steadily at a Fast Pace to Meet Time Schedules and Deadlines
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Customer service skills
- Reading Comprehension Skills
- Teamwork Skills
The compensation for this full time position is $13.00/hr. plus benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401k and Bank of Days(Holidays & Vacation) under the terms of Andrews Distributing Co.'s benefits plan and policies.
This list is not all inclusive of other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this role, but rather an overview of the role's primary work tasks.
A qualified candidate for the Delivery Assistant role should satisfy the expectations below:
Experience and Education
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Certificate
- Current/Valid TEXAS Driver License
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- Prior Beer Industry Experience
- Previous Retail or Customer Service Experience
- Previous Physically Demanding Work Experience
Physical Requirements and Essential Functions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pull/push a load up to 100 lbs.
- Off Premise: Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of products up to 55 lbs.
- On Premise: Requires heavy and repetitive lifting/placement of products up to 165 lbs.
- Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout duration of workday.
- Requires ability to tolerate working in an environment with inside/outside ambient/extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Driving may be required during the workday.
- Ability to use a personal computer for tasks such as communicating via email, inputting data and other forms of documentation using company and industry software.
- Ability to speak, hear, and see is required to communicate with employees, and to operate varied machinery, equipment, computers and vehicles.
- Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various facility machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a current/valid driver's license.
- Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Potential candidates are required to successfully complete a medical evaluation including a physical evaluation designed to test ability to perform basic physical job requirements.