Graduate Pipeline Engineer
- Learn the basics of offshore pipeline engineering and develop the skills necessary to prepare detailed mechanical pipeline design calculations related to pipeline route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability analysis, free span analysis, expansion analysis, and cathodic protection design. Will work under the direction of a more experienced pipeline engineer.
- Learn the basics of offshore pipeline engineering - taking instruction and working with a more experienced pipeline engineer;
- Prepare calculations, reports, specifications, and help develop drawings associated with offshore pipeline engineering work;
- Provide procurement support related to pipeline design and installation engineering, including aiding in the generation of material take-offs, cost estimates, scopes of work, and the provision of technical clarifications;
- Attend meetings as necessary to present analysis findings;
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports and, as necessary, to be reviewed by others for validity and soundness of conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide bid/tender engineering support related to pipeline design and installation engineering, if needed.
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Ocean Engineering; experience in a pipeline engineering internship is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and become familiar with U.S. and international design codes and practices used for offshore pipeline engineering;
- Knowledge of pipeline hydraulics, mechanical design, heat transfer, and the basics of pipeline systems;
- Familiar with Abaqus or other types of finite-element software is a plus;
- Exposure to pipeline routing/spanning software, such as Fledermaus and Sage is a plus;
- Must be willing to learn new software or analysis methods as project needs arise;
- Must have good computer skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Some exposure to MathCad software and AutoCAD is a plus;
- Must have good communication, writing, and presentation skills, and an excellent work ethic and work attitude; organizational skills and being a team player are a must;
- Must interpret, organize, execute, and eventually coordinates assignments.
- Full-time direct-hire position.