UPMC's Compliance Department is seeking a Compliance Administrator to focus solely on CHIP & Individual Exchange Market.
The position incumbent will work with various UPMC Health Plan departments to successfully help support their activities as they relate to understanding and operationalizing Federal and state regulatory requirements, for both the Exchange Marketplace and CHIP Products.
This group analyzes guidance for both CHIP and Exchange (Obamacare) and communicate those changes to others in the Health Plan.
A candidate for this position should find intrinsic satisfaction in assisting in the process of providing health care coverage for children and adults who otherwise might not be able to obtain coverage.
Preferred competencies are knowledge of healthcare, knowledge of insurance and knowledge of compliance. However two most important competencies are the ability to think/analyze and to work well with others.Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Qualified Health Plan (QHP) regulatory product filing submission, resubmission, and correction notice responses. Assist in the preparation for Exchange Compliance Reviews with Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CCIIO). Prepare Exchange Compliance agendas and meeting minutes for formal discussions with CMS. Facilitate Exchange Department annual Health Plan policy updates Provide Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Compliance oversight Prepare regular management and/or Board reports and presentations Responsible for coordinating various tasks related to the delegated and downstream entity (vendor oversight) process
- CHIP Compliance: Serve as a liaison to Pennsylvanias Department of Human Services (DHS) for communicating and disseminating CHIP contractual requirements to health plan operational stakeholders. Coordinate participation of various UPMC Health Plan subject matter experts in periodic DHS meetings impacting the health plan's ability to comply with the CHIP program requirements. Monitor operational processes against DHS requirements and standards., Research for best practices, evaluate for trends, assist in development of efficient work flows and monitor any action plans.
- Monitor for new guidance from Health and Human Services (HHS) and other regulatory entities regarding the Affordable Care Act or replacement legislation. Work with internal Health Plan stakeholders to identify opportunities, evaluate depth of current audits and recommend enhancements that align with compliance objectives. Review Health Plan policies for impact on the Exchange product and assist in the development of Exchange-specific policies.
- Track the submission of reports as required by the terms of our CHIP contract (e.g., fraud/abuse, marketing/outreach, HEDIS, CAHPS). Work with various operations teams to support preparing state regulatory filings while collaborating with other health plan departments on service area expansion proposals. Work with internal Health Plan stakeholders to identify opportunities, evaluate depth of current audits and recommend enhancements that align with compliance objectives. Review Health Plan policies for impact on the CHIP product and assist in the development of CHIP-specific policies. Prepare regular management and/or Board reports and presentations
- Bachelor's Degree required. Relevant graduate degree in a related field desirable, but not required.
- Four to Five years of demonstrated and progressively increasing experience/knowledge of healthcare regulatory compliance required.
- Strong preference for substantive Exchange and or CHIP compliance experience.
- Excellent organizational capabilities with ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Ability to continuously interact effectively and professionally with all levels of staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Working knowledge of word-processing and database software.
- Demonstrated performance in meeting time-sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
Business minded partner and collaborator who continually builds relationships, consensus and coalitions to get things done. Strong emotional intelligence and self-awarenessSalary Range:
$29.22 to $49.32 / hourUnion Position: