As a part of TIAA's Retail & Institutional Financial Services business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
The Analyst is responsible for assisting in the underwriting of new and existing transactions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in writing, accounting, financial analysis and stress test modeling. The ability to analyze financial statements and forecast future performance is required. Knowledge and use of Excel, Word and Power Point is required. Knowledge and experience with pivot tables and vlookup in Excel is preferred.
Essential Function (in order of importance)
- Assist others with monthly and quarterly reports and ad hoc reports
- Work independently on standard reports
- Seek assistance from Senior Associate or Manager on complex transactions
- Ongoing credit monitoring of clients including covenant compliance, client advances and repayments, and monthly servicing and/or borrowing base reports
- Spread and analyze financial statements; provide written commentary on financial performance
- Pull credit reports, such as D&B, Lexis Nexis, pull OFAC reports, assist in BSA process and assist in KYC process
- Assist in reconciling Approval Memos to Legal Documents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Spread and analyze financial statements
- Review legal documents with Senior Associate or Manager for accuracy to Approval Memo
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick and versatile learner, with ability to quickly grasp the essence and underlying structure of things. Ability to comfortably deal with new concepts and complexity.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely way, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines
- Fluent in all Microsoft office applications especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- College graduate or completion of degree within 6 months required
- Courses in accounting and/or finance required
- Experience in accounting, finance business, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience through internships, academic projects, student organizations, or extracurricular activities preferred
- Courses in computer science and math beneficial
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.