The USC Keck School of Medicine - Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer's Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
ATRI is looking for a Research Lab Specialist to support the Biomarker Laboratory and Biorepository. Incumbent will perform a limited variety of non-standard experimental procedures involving biochemical, anatomical and molecular biology approaches to AD research. Responsibilities include:
- Receiving and processing tissue and fluid samples from human subjects as part of clinical trials.
- General lab support in a high throughput laboratory.
- Perform various sample processing procedures related to human blood and cerebrospinal samples according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Accurately record all experimental procedures and results while maintaining experimental procedures and results.
- Follow laboratory-specific standard operation procedures (SOP) for experimental techniques, safety and environmental issues as well as the use and maintenance of key laboratory equipment/machines, and the maintenance and use of the tissue culture rooms.
- Maintain up-to-date databases of all clinical samples and meet goals and objectives for the Biomarker Unit.
- Conduct bioassays on banked tissue and fluid samples from human subjects.
- Perform techniques with high accuracy, quality in order to limit/eliminate contamination.
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Comply with Environmental and Safety Codes.
- Assist with managing freezer inventory, record keeping of all supplies, order of supplies, develop supply order, delivery and maintenance procedures.
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Minimum Education: Related graduate study, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education and experience in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods and ability to supervise on a regular or project basis