If you are a Product Designer who wants to step into the challenge of leading design efforts for our growth team, rapidly experimenting to deliver our customers value as quickly as possible, we'd like to talk to you.You have an experiment mindset:
rapid ideation, shipping, learning, and iterating. You love moving quickly to find what works then taking your time to turn the best ideas into more holistic solutions.
As a designer for the growth team, you will need to possess strong interaction and visual design skills, love facilitating designers and non-designers through the design process with a breadth of design methods and processes, and have phenomenal instincts for solving the right user problems.You Will:
- Use your love of learning how people derive value from software products and apply research from different fields (i.e.: psychology, behavioral economics, visual design, and storytelling)
- Use data analysis, primary empirical, and secondary research to prioritize the most likely areas to provide customer value and drive business growth
- Join a cross-functional team from marketing, product management, engineers, and data scientists to collaborate on, develop, and prioritize experiments to drive growth
- Rapidly sketch user flows and wireframes before moving to fidelity appropriate designs that help customers realize the value of SmugMug while generating business value
- Contribute to building an empathetic, evidence-based design culture
Nice to Have:
- You are an experienced designer, having worked in startups or large organizations for 5+ years, especially on teams focused on growth
- You have knowledge of human-computer interaction (HCI) design, a breadth of design methodologies, and a life-long learning attitude. You have an undergraduate or graduate degree in HCI, cognitive psychology, or cognitive science, or equivalent experience and knowhow
- You have experience iteratively designing based on data from experiments.
- Comfortable leading a project from inception through execution, including flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- You love finding the simple in the complex and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You find presenting to cross-functional groups exhilarating
- You know when to critique your own work, and can make objective design decisions with the team
- You regularly push your limits and tackle problems in innovative ways
- You find joy in bringing others along for the design journey, through facilitation of workshops, leading discussions, and storytelling
- Passion for photography
- Remote work applies to select states: California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
SmugMug is the world's largest and most influential photographer-centric platform, and we're on a mission to expand our iconic, global brand. At SmugMug we hire great people and trust them to do right by our customers and our team. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal and professional development and constant learning, and which allows everyone significant autonomy over their work. SmugMug values diversity, humility, and open collaboration. If you join us you will be part of a small but empowered team, moving quickly and making large contributions to our business. Meaningful, rewarding work and well-supported career development are imperative. Our goal is for this to be, by far, the most extraordinary work experience you will ever have.
We are committed to building a team that is as incredibly diverse and unique as our customers around the world. We welcome all backgrounds, skills, perspectives, and experiences. We deeply believe that a diverse team and an inclusive workplace make us stronger and enable us to serve our customers better.