Summary / Objective - The Executive Assistant will provide support to senior executives in finance and legal by managing schedules, communicating internally and externally on behalf of the team, managing expenses and administrative tasks within the company.
Executive and Team Coordination
- Manage the administrative operations and provide general executive administrative support for the Finance Leadership team
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements often including complex and challenging multi-city stops.
- Manage scheduling and meeting logistics for events such as internal and external parties meetings, conference calls and video conference calls.
- Handle general administrative duties i.e. compiling/creating PowerPoint presentations, processing expense reports in a timely manner, recording meeting notes and dispensing action items, tracking deliverables.
- Coordinate follow-up and holds stakeholders accountable on action items from conversations and meetings
- Works closely with executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, anticipating needs and following up appropriately
- Maintain the company's positive image through all forms of internal and external interaction - in writing, on the phone, and in person.
- Interfaces in a professional manner with senior executives and team members, handles confidential information with discretion and demonstrates diplomacy and excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive situations.
Special projects/ Events
- Manage complex projects, requiring inputs from multiple sources, ensuring the timely completion of work at a very high standard of quality and excellence.
- Coordinates team activities and meetings, including team meeting logistics, team morale and professional development events, and ensures a variety of meetings are scheduled and any changes are communicated.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years' experience in an Executive Assistant role, preferably supporting C-Suite executives
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment working with senior executives who routinely navigate a packed meeting and travel schedule at lightning speed
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Experience in MS Office or G-Suite product
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Strong work ethic with a "can do" positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills with a laser-focused eye for accuracy, detail and quality
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment, communicating actively and clearly
- Flexible and able to multitask, switch priorities as needed within a collaborative environment involving multiple executives
- Ability to anticipate executives' needs and proactively work to resolve
- Willingness to use new technology and systems
Will occasionally need to travel and work evenings.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world's best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.