Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $888.2 billion* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2018)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The ETF Portfolio Management Analyst will be primarily responsible for the daily management, implementation, execution, and oversight of index based ETF portfolios domiciled in the US, Canada, and Europe. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of index portfolio management, index methodologies and calculation, trading, corporate actions, and the financial markets. The candidate will have a good working knowledge of how an exchange traded fund works. The position will utilize various reporting tools and systems to ensure portfolios effectively track associated indices. The candidate will be responsible for using a systematic approach to data, technology, and processes to ensure portfolios can be implemented efficiently with an acutely high level of accuracy while mitigating financial risk. Frequent collaboration with the trading desk to ensure effective execution weighing portfolio risk and market impact is required. The candidate will have a good working knowledge of performance attribution in order to provide insight regarding portfolio and index performance while explaining differences. The position is a team based role and as such the candidate will be required to perform other duties that may not be directly related to index tracking or portfolio management. The role will work closely with ETF Portfolio Management, ETF Operations, Trading, and other various groups within Invesco as well as at external partners.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Rebalance portfolios with assistance from senior team members as required to ensure that the funds track associated indices effectively and efficiently considering portfolio and process risk and performance in addition to market impact
- Daily monitoring of funds and indices to ensure execution of unscheduled events such as custom order activity, corporate actions, and cash management
- Analysis of index changes leading to recommendation and execution of portfolio changes considering portfolio performance, index tracking, trading costs, and market impact in standard as well as ambiguous scenarios
- Portfolio oversight utilizing exception reporting on a daily basis ensuring intended index alignment
- Identifies and escalates issues which may increase portfolio performance and tracking risk and/or firm financial impact to senior team members and management
- Performance reporting and attribution explaining portfolio tracking error and tracking difference relative to benchmarks
- Projects related to new product launches, risk reduction in terms of financial and process, and technology as well as process improvements
- Support for client inquiries from portfolio managers, capital markets, and sales