This student intern position is only available to current students at the Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Center.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems and washers and dryers.Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems and washers and dryers.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, thermostats, breakers and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers and seals.
6. Prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e. painting as directed.
7. Replace damaged ceiling and floor tile.
8. Maintain and preserve old or new surfaces by cleaning, scraping, sanding, caulking, filling, sealing and painting.
9. Perform routine and preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Must have a high school diploma/GED or have completed the first level of career technical training.
2. Must not have any negative incident reports for the prior 60 days.
3. Should have aptitude for maintenance-type duties, must dress to comply with safety regulations.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran