A Culinary Intern will assist with food production and recipe recording per the Casino Restaurants standards. Responsibilities will include preparation and execution of various ingredients, cleaning and cooking food and keeping an organized and sanitized work area. Gun Lake Casino is looking for an individual that has a strong desire to learn and gain experience in the food service industry and is fully committed to achieving exemplary food preparation in a team oriented environment.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Gun Lake Casino's Unsurpassed Service standards at all times.
- Know where the MSDS booklet is located for your area.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures as set forth by Gun Lake Casino
- Follow Recipe Book Guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for Unsurpassed Guest Service.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and those of the Department of Health.
- Understand orders clearly and basic culinary skills.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and ingredients.
- Keep stations clean and well stocked with the ingredients to cook required dishes.
- Attend daily Huddles.
- Follow instructions given per senior Chef's.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be attending a culinary school or studying in an equivalent program.
- ServeSafe Certification is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment subject to constant changes.
- Ability to perform any function in the kitchen.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a good sense of taste and smell.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Demonstrate good knife skills.
- Knowledge of basic cooking methods; baking, braising, steaming, frying, boiling, poaching, etc.
Food Safety/Sanitation/HACCP/OSHA Guidelines
- Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that the department is within HACCP guidelines.
- Must ensure and comply with a safe and hazard free work environment according to the Department of Health and OSHA regulations.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, push 150 to 250 pounds on a pushcart and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance.
- Ability to stand for duration of shift, walk frequently, bend and reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
- Requires hand/eye coordination, the normal sense of smell, taste, touch and sound.
Work is typically in an area which may be unusually hot, cold and noisy and may contain smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 foot wide access. Tasks performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp and navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.