Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: Support design, implementation and commissioning as well as assisting in developing and running for mock - up tests. Develop designs, drawings, and testing documentation. Support development of Ride/Show systems equipment and testing.Varies depending on specific Engineering and Safety intern assignment/team.
Please note - varies depending on specific Engineering and Safety intern assignment/team
- Supports night testing for multiple scopes
- Automatic Voltage Controller
- VFD's and Soft Motor
- Participate in design reviews of multiple disciplines
- Review code on vendor specific software
- Develop testing documentation
- Develop designs and drawings using CAD/SolidWorks
- Assist in running tests and collecting data
- Review and catalog existing Show/Ride Systems equipment in our Parks and input to SharePoint Wiki site
- Create and edit SolidWorks engineering models
- Perform routine data gathering and perform analysis on data
- Participate in the creation of functional prototypes and/or mock - ups
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors may include: Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Experience with CAD and SolidWorks
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Creative does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fall internships are approximately from the end of September 2019 - December 2019.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE