Duties will include project task field work, some project over-sight duties, travel in Florida, and technical reporting. Performs other duties as required. This is a temporary position.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project design basis
- Apply theory and engineering experience in the planning, design and construction of roadways, bridges and drainage infrastructure.
- Development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering.
- Perform varied office engineering functions in preparing and supervising the preparation of reports, estimates, plans, and specifications.
- Will assist with the development of budgets and manpower plans and reviews performance data.
- Assist with the preparation of bid proposals and proposals for contracts.
- Assist with scheduling, conducting and documenting meetings
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Conducts field/site visits for investigation or inspection with senior personnel.
- Works independently with minimal guidance, under supervision of an engineer.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Self-motivated, ability to take instruction and manage field and project tasks.
- Willingness to learn field sampling protocols, perform field sampling and other field duties.
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within the Civil Engineering field
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work.
- Must be able to adapt to office and field environment
- Lifting over 60 pounds
- Solves basic technical problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Be proficient with MS Office
- Communicates information, asks questions and ensures understanding with team members
- Builds team effectiveness skills within own work team
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets set by others; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.