Basic Position Objective Statement:
Assist the technology team in the deployment, configuration and securing of end user computing devices. This position will provide desktop support to optimize end user computing systems while complementing the system administration team's configuration and maintenance of back-end infrastructure.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that each and every Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Respond and resolve Help Desk requests and issues
- PC imaging and OS upgrades
- Receive, configure, and prep printers and other hardware for deployment
- Research hardware and software requests
- Deploy application and firmware updates
- Troubleshoot failing PC security updates
- Investigate and remediate software vulnerabilities
- Inventory hardware and software licensing
- Research ways to automate manual deployment and management functions
- Perform 5S duties to include general maintenance and organization of IS area(s).
- Other assignments as made by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA
Knowledge, Education and Training Qualifications and Certifications:
- High School Diploma Required.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Information Systems/ Technology program at a 2-year or 4-year institution in pursuit of an Associate or Bachelor's degree.
Key Functional Competencies:
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software basics as well as firmware and security systems
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience troubleshooting user issues on a Windows network.
- Experience servicing all levels of office and plant employees while providing excellent customer service.
Key Performance Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently after obtaining appropriate guidance.
- Ability to interact professionally with PC and equipment users in an office setting as well as in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a culture defined by LRC's core values of achievement, teamwork, innovation and respect.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Regular attendance at work is required. Ability to work additional hours during the week or on weekends may be required.
- The ability to work in a normal office and manufacturing environment to include: sitting, standing, or walking on cement floors for long periods of time (up to 8 or more hours a day); climbing stairs and ladders; operating various standard office equipment; carrying paper documents/files; reaching; bending; crawling; speaking on the telephone; wearing required personal protection gear (i.e. hearing, eye and foot protection); tolerating loud noise (maximum of 95 dB); tolerating extreme heat, cold and dusty environment.
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to negotiate small spaces, office building(s), and manufacturing facilities efficiently. Working near large machines in operation is sometimes required.