Under direct supervision, responsible for helping and supporting the Marketing & Transportation team with simple assignments and short-term projects including but not limited to basic deal structuring guidance, data research and analytics, and valuations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with analyzing basic financial models to help produce presentable results used by the team.
- Help with less complex analysis and competitor comparisons, identify industry trends and gain understanding of business environment.
- Help the team review simple term sheets to ensure accuracy and learn about financial models, project proposals, and contractual commitments.
- Help gather information to create formal presentations for projects to management.
- Assist with reviewing internal system of controls to run Market to Market (MTM) assumptions and reconciliation on a timely basis.
- Provide support on look-back analysis to assist with analyzing past results.
- Help conduct basic research on macro trends impacting commodity markets.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience, Licensure
- Student currently enrolled at an accredited institution working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Business, or related field of study.
Preferred Education and/or Experience, Licensure
- Background in research and/or data analysis.
Required Core Competencies - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Good attention to detail with ability to recognize, analyze, and extract data.
- Basic financial and quantitative skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional behavior and decision making when working with financial assets and data.