Grow With Us: Progressive AE?s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 6-10 week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. During the internship, you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate project management, problem-solving, and communication skills. And with service-learning opportunities, community outings, wellness participation, and professional development lunch-and-learns, you?ll build a foundation for working in the Interior Design field in the future.
As an Interior Design Intern, you will work collaboratively with project managers and other designers to familiarize yourself with extensive lines of materials, gain industry experience, and begin to build a professional network and resume. Typical work includes Revit support, onsite field verification, preparation of design presentation materials, participation in manufacturer representative presentations, and organizing and cataloging materials, samples, and product literature in the Design Library.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Project Quality & Management
- Organize and catalog materials, samples, and product literature in the Design Library.
- Develop finish boards during various phases of project development.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages, including those materials to be shipped directly to clients or returned to vendors.
- Organize and manage digital file system (vendor contacts and shared files).
- Assist with preparation of quality working drawing contract documents, sketches, plans, details and schedules, using Revit software.
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews to become acclimated on our methods, style, and approach to working with outside contractors and vendors.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and introductions of furnishings.
- Alert your Technical Leader and Discipline Leader if you become aware of changes that could affect your schedule, work completion, or completion of assigned projects.
- Assist with selection of furniture systems, fixtures, and equipment.
- Provide design analysis consistent with Progressive AE?s standards.
- Attend professional development activities including ?Lessons Learned? sessions.
- Exhibit initiative and eagerness to learn and take on new responsibilities, responding well to mentorship.
- Collaborate with various disciplines throughout Progressive AE. Regularly communicate with Interior Designers, Project Managers, and Project Architects to ensure the Design Library is organized and presentable to disciplines and clients.
- Present a professional image through appropriate business attire, personal appearance, and ability to carry and project yourself in a professional manner.
- Prepare effective design presentation materials, record notes, and assist designers with presentations as needed.
- Participate in manufacturer representative presentations. Learn and update staff about product and literature as they become available.
- Enrollment in an accredited Interior Design bachelor's program.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on quality work products and client service.
- Strong design, reliability, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate successfully in a fast paced, team environment.
- Excellent technical, written and oral communication skills, including preparing for and performing presentations.
- Ability to work 16-20 hours per week year round.
- Proficient with Revit or AutoCAD, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook), Sketch-Up, Photoshop, InDesign, and graphic software.