Department: Content Operations
Location: Seattle, WA
If you share our passion for digital innovation and want to help shape the future, come be part of the MediaNet Digital team!
- We are looking for a talented individual to assist the Content Operations team in day-to-day activities for a total of 16 hours/week, $15/hour. Flexibility in the number of hours per day and specific days of the week in attendance will be considered.
- Position is projected to last for 3 months with the potential for an extension based on performance and resources.
- Format raw metadata to meet company standards using proprietary Data Style Guide and proprietary data editing software.
- Provide quality assurance using various sources, including content provider source and/or internet research.
- Manage new catalog deliveries, identifying and validating accurate sources and ownership to reduce duplicate submissions.
- Perform quality control on descriptive metadata using various data sources including labels, content providers and/or internet research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A true music aficionado, familiar with artists spanning a wide swath of genres.
- A creative thinker, problem solver and eager to succeed.
- Proactive, focused, and willing to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Confident and a good communicator.
- Passionate about the music industry.
- High School or equivalent degree required.
- College-level degree and/or equivalent training, course work or practical experience or comparable digital media experience a plus.
- Proficiency in common computer business applications (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- At least one year of experience in a new media, music, video or technology-based company desired.
- An ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Familiarity or basic understanding of digital transmission systems such as FTP, XML/XSLT desired.
- Windows command line operations & scripting knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with the flow of digital content a plus.
- Positive attitude and desire to achieve success working with colleagues.
- The tech and music industries' most experienced and trusted provider of cloud digital music services. With almost two decades of experience powering some of the world's most prominent music services worldwide the current list includes notable brands such as: Beats Music, MOG Music, Songza, iMesh, and many, many more new and creative startups.
- We have created a huge music catalog of over 68 million tracks and add 125,000 new tracks every week. Our customers create billions of transactions every month using our cloud platform.
- Our customers demand the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. That means that every member of our team is a key contributor.
If you are a qualified candidate, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as follows:
- Note the job title in the subject line: Intern - Content Operations
- Cover letters and resumes must be sent as email attachments, although you can additionally include them in the body of the email if you wish. Please use either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat formats for all attachments.
- The ideal candidate will live locally, have done this role before and is available to start within 2 weeks. There is no telecommuting option.
No phone calls, faxes or mailed submissions will be accepted.