Virtuoso is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. The by-invitation only organization comprises over 1,000 travel agency locations with 20,000 elite travel advisors in over 50 countries through North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with over 1,800 of the world's best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access.
This paid internship actively participates and learns the ins-and-outs of database procedures with a focus on agency client lists (postal and digital), data hygiene, marketing codes and address validation to boost marketing opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage databases and input/export data records and reports
- Assist in gathering and preparing agency and client information
- Assist with the preparation and export of Marketing offers
- Shadow the rest of the team and train in a variety of data tasks.
- Analyze the data issues directly using readily available reports
- Provide support to troubleshoot data issues.
- Interfaces directly with the Virtuoso members to help with their data sync setup/maintenance.
- Perform data audits on a frequent basis and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and makes recommendations.
- Proactively initiate & contribute in system improvements and innovations.
- Work effectively with management and members to clarify needs and priorities.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Educational and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma, equivalent or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word)
- General knowledge of web-based applications
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills