June 2019End Date:
February 2020, with possible extension into Spring 2020Basic Function of the Position:
This position provides hands-on experience on the planning, logistics and marketing components on CES 2020 conference program and other CTA events.Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with CES conference program and CTA event logistics including catering, housing lists and signage orders.
- Maintain CES Conference scheduled and speakers as assigned by venue lead.
- Assist with CES partner communications and deliverable collection.
- Provide customer service to CES speakers, assisting with registration and website profiles, as well as overseeing the department email inboxes.
- Maintain registration lists and reports for both CTA events and CES conference program.
- Act as the liaison to the Marketing team to manage the deliverable timelines, review marketing collateral, track conference logo submissions. Lead conference-related copy writing, edits and managing a timeline of website content input, serving as the primary manager for all CES program agenda edits.
- Support CES on-site temp staff training by compiling training documents and the on-site training plan.
- Maintain a running agenda of CES project milestones and minutes for weekly team planning meetings.
- Assemble event shipments, organize manifest, pack materials, and track freight.
- Perform other duties as required by business need, including assistance with CES Asia.
- Travel to Las Vegas in January to assist with operations in one of the CES conference speaker ready rooms.
Education and Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Work and/or internship experience in an office environment preferred.
- Experience in meetings/conventions/special events preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (mail merges in Word and spreadsheet management in Excel).
- Time management, organization and task prioritization, and ability to meet deadlines are required.
- Available to travel to CES January 2020.
- Internship requires 35-40 hours a week, with potential for overtime hours leading up to, and on-site at CES
- Hourly rate $15