Purpose of Internship:
Internship designed to provide an individual with the opportunity to work alongside seasoned marketing professionals and gain insight into the breadth of marketing operations within a large non-profit. 4-H seeks a Part-time Summer Integrated Marketing Intern to provide administrative and project support to the Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) program marketing with key corporate partners. The Intern will report to the Integrated Marketing Specialist.
Duration of Internship: June-August 2019
Eligibility: Must be a current student or recent graduate with the course of study in marketing, journalism, business management, or a related discipline.
Partnership Marketing Duties
- Provide project management support to ensure completion of marketing deliverable for STEM partnerships
- Develop marketing materials including PowerPoint presentations;
- Support the creation of online STEM activities and kits, which involves having a basic understanding of STEM concepts and developing easy to follow guides for STEM educational kits.
- Develop and write 4-H youth impact stories to support program results reporting, including research, story identification, and conducting interviews with youth and copy editing.
- Participate in, draft notes and summarize action steps for internal planning meetings and partner calls.
- Must be attending an accredited college or university and pursuing a bachelor's degree in marketing, business management, or related discipline.
- Must be a problem solver, creative thinker, with an instinct for compelling stories.
- Prior experience as a 4-H member desired but not required.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with strong writing ability; proactive, result-driven orientation. Must have the ability to perform in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to learn other software programs.
- Must be able to for the duration of the internship period (June - August 2019).
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 10% of the time (local, regional, national, international). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
This position operates in a non-profit office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The position primarily a sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
- Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- Basic math skills needed to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, etc.
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Director
- Senior Media & Digital Marketing Director
- Vice President, Media & Digital Marketing