Description/Job SummaryTITLE: Intern - PurchasingDEPARTMENT: Signode Industrial Group (Corporate) - Global ProcurementREPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Global ProcurementLOCATION: Glenview, ILSUMMARY
Signode Industrial Group's Global Procurement is seeking a qualified college student for our 2019 summer internship program. The internship program is designed to immerse interns in the corporate culture and expose them to real-life, hands-on business interactions with management. Interns participate in business meetings and deliver presentations to senior management as well. Internship assignments mirror responsibilities of a buyer or an analyst. The work is challenging and rewarding. If you're looking for an exciting internship, networking and growth opportunity, this role is for you!ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable Accommodation Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential Functions Statement(s):
POSITION QUALIFICATIONSSKILLS & ABILITIESEducation:
- Support sourcing projects in tandem with Buyers and Category Managers to drive improvements in cost/delivery/quality
- Prepare supplier selection recommendations - including RFQ process, supplier evaluation and communication, and participation in sourcing decisions.
- Interface with Category Managers, Operations, Engineering, and Sales/Marketing to ensure project tasks are completed and milestones met
- Conduct market research for various supply categories
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Currently a junior or senior in a Bachelor's Degree program (in Engineering or Supply Chain preferred) from top tier University
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Access or other database technologies with an ability to calculate summary, financial, and/or statistical data
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively to multiple global stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills.