Reporting to the Manager, Content Strategy, the Content Strategy Intern will be a member of the Content Strategy team within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) segment on the Technology & Digital team for the duration of their internship. We are looking for individuals who are passionate and motivated to take on the responsibility for creating the content of outstanding digital products to enhance the Guest experience.
The Content Strategy Design Intern will work alongside other content strategists, designers, copywriters, product owners, and developers to craft innovative experiences at the crossroads of our physical and digital worlds. Content strategy leverages data and analytics to strategize what
content is needed to launch products/features on Disney sites and apps, where
it should live, when
the Guest should see it and the narrative story
within it. The CS works closely with design (to inform the designs) and copywriting (to strategize and structure the content) and product (to ensure the content achieves the business goals). The work is varied and interesting and offers the candidate great insights into the entire digital creation and execution process.Responsibilities :
Basic Qualifications :
- Leverage industry, business, Guest, product, and site research and analytics to guide content decisions on App and Web projects.
- Develop strategic ideas to inspire, shape, and create cogent and compelling narrative experiences on App and Web.
- Create, communicate, and direct the content strategy for a project with an eye toward branding, marketing, business goals, CS best practices, and Guest needs.
- Guide content creation, maintenance, management and governance of content for all assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain page inventories to document page-level information including URLs, keywords, page titles, copy notes, etc.
- Develop and maintain filter documentation that include the categories, dimensions and values of content entities, their relationships, and the rules governing filter displays.
- Collaborate with Copywriters/Editors to ensure the content achieves business goals and supports the Guest experience.
- Research and report on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for new or improved content experiences.
- Solid understanding of web, mobile web and native apps (iOS and Android)
- Portfolio presentation is expected, including URLs or samples that reflect work and role in the content creation process
- Demonstrated coursework in Content Strategy, Usability, User Experience Design, Visual Design, Typography, Information Architecture, Color Theory, Layout, Composition, Interaction Design and User Research
- Interest in the field of content strategy
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen effectively, respectful of others' perspectives and contributions, and be able to both offer and accept feedback openly
- A passion for data and the impact of design on the consumer
- Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research and analytics
Required Education :
- Data analytics and research skills
- Writing and storytelling experience
- Digital development coursework or experience
- Marketing and/or branding coursework or experience
- Knowledge of current and emerging digital technologies and industry trends
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student, or recent graduate (within 6 months of the internship start date) pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in Information Architecture, Human Computer Interaction, Web and Interaction Design, Content Strategy, , User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, or related field.Additional Information :
Intern Eligibility Requirements:
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class - OR - be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Must be available to work from approximately Aug/Sept 2019- Dec 2019.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Glendale, CA.
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)