Be a part of an innovative team and culture...
The Global Security Communications Center is responsible for emergency and non-emergency security system monitoring, incoming call mitigation, event personnel activation and dispatching and event driven global notification services on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In an emergency situation, the GSCC directs and coordinates Disney enterprise assistance and support by providing technical and advisory assistance for the performance of essential operational services; the issuance of warnings of risks and hazards, dissemination of employee information, as well as being the central communication point for the enterprise.Responsibilities :
A Day in the Life...
The GSCC Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience and build skills in the following areas:
Basic Qualifications :
- The collection of intelligence reporting and queries
- Writing standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Drafting communications to internal partners
- Data management and entry
- Gathering user requirements and day-to-day operations
- Support department projects
What we are looking for...
- Strong strategic written and verbal communications skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites including proficiency with excel (pivot tables, charts, graphs, vlookup)
- Knowledge of ARC Geographic Information Science (GIS) systems
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively and take directions
- Ability to transition effectively between calm and active work conditions
- Must be willing to learn unfamiliar technical systems
- Sense of urgency in a 24/7 work environment for quick response to critical developing issues
- Interest in security either security issues, systems or global events
Required Education :
- Ability to work effectively in both calm and active work conditions
- Coding skills
- Former work experience in a professional environment
Preferred Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Additional Information :
- Pursuing an master's degree in ARCGIS, International Relations, Geo Spatial Studies, Criminal Justice or a closely related field.
Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application
- The approximate dates of this internship are August/September 2019 through January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship in a 24/7 work environment
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.