Part-time position(s) exist at Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics, PC, a premier subspecialty-oriented orthopedic group with offices in Langhorne, Pennsylvania and Lawrenceville, Hamilton, Marlton, and Princeton, New Jersey. In this entry-level position, and under direct supervision and orders of the physicians, the DME Service Representative will provide proper fitting and education of orthopedic durable medical equipment (DME) to patients and will gather necessary paperwork to facilitate billing on behalf of the practice.
Under the direct supervision and orders of the physicians, the DME Service Representative will provide proper fitting and education of orthopedic durable medical equipment (DME) to patients and will gather necessary paperwork to facilitate billing on behalf of the practice. The DME Coordinator will provide the highest level of customer service to patients, physicians, and all practice and surgery center personnel, and strive to meet performance goals of MBO.
- Responsible for proper fitting and patient instruction of bracing, soft goods, electro therapy, bone growth stimulation, traction, DVT prophylaxis, and all other DME products dispensed at MBO.
- Provides education to patients on the application, use, care, and expected outcome for orthopedic durable medical equipment (DME) products as indicated by the physician instructions and manufacturer recommendations.
- Assists patients with defective product returns to manufacturer for warranty replacement.
- Performs functional brace measuring and fitting as prescribed by the physicians and coordinating with patients for follow-up fitting appointments as necessary.
- Responsible for obtaining benefits and pre-authorization for claims as required by patients' insurance policies.
- Insures that all necessary documentation is obtained as it relates to payer requirements, standard operating procedures, and the MBO compliance program.
Complies with all Federal (HIPAA and OSHA) , State , and local laws and regulations.
- Obtains Certificate(s) of Medical Necessity forms and patient medical records as necessary for the billing department for processing of insurance claims.
- Educates patients on insurance plans and provisions, financial responsibility, and collection of patient portion. Completes and delivers appropriate documentation to billing department, following all necessary compliance and regulatory processes.
- Assists the Bracing/DME Manager in educating/training/in-servicing of Physicians, Physician Assistants, PT/OT Professionals, and clinical nursing staff with regard to all DME products and their application/fitting.
- Assists the Bracing/DME Manager in educating/training/in-servicing of Physicians, Physician Assistants, PT/OT Professionals, and nursing staff in maintaining inventory in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Performs patient/customer scheduling, education, order processing, delivery, and courtesy call back.
- Actively promotes and fosters good relations interdepartmentally and with physicians clinical and surgery center personnel, external case managers, payers, and suppliers.
- Tracks, maintains, and orders durable medical equipment (DME) products for the location including inventory and equipment.
Other duties to assist in the practice as assigned.
- MBO is seeking an employee with a professional image, technical product and clinical competency, direct patient care, computer literacy, an orientation to detail and organization, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This employee will also have strong medical terminology and anatomy knowledge, general understanding of insurance companies, the ability to handle multiple priorities, exceptional customer service skills, ability to work independently, good judgment and decision making skills.
- BA/BS degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Sciences/Physiology, or Kinesiology from an accredited four-year college.
- Two (2) years current related medical clinical experience preferred, however, new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Appropriate current license and certification in the State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
- Experience with the application of durable medical equipment (DME) preferred.
MBO offers excellent compensation and benefits for the right candidate.