Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients - ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees - retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world's largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling over 150,000 songwriters and over 20,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
Interns at Songtrust have gone on to work at Songtrust, Downtown Music Publishing, HFA, Amazon, iHeartRadio, LiveNation, Sony, Columbia, The Paramount, and more.
Songtrust is seeking Summer interns who are passionate about music and are eager to learn more about music publishing administration. This is a great opportunity to learn how music publishing really works and gain experience working in a fast-paced tech-startup environment. This internship will be for credit only.
Songtrust's internships are for credit only - candidates must be enrolled in a college or university. If offered a position, students must provide a letter from their college or university confirming that they will receive school credit. The minimum time commitment is two days per week, to be spent across a minimum of 16 hours per week, working from our New York City office in SoHo. It is also required that interns bring their own Wi-Fi enabled laptop to the office.
YouTube Rights Management Intern
This part-time internship will primarily support the responsibilities of Songtrust's YouTube Specialist. The YouTube Rights Management Intern will learn about YouTube; how it generates income for people and businesses, how people engage with the world's largest social video platform, and how music copyright fits into all of this. The YouTube Rights Management Intern will learn to navigate YouTube's backend (CMS dashboard) and determine how to review and monetize videos that contain our clients' music. Attention to detail and strong research skills are key for this internship, as the Intern will be tasked with gathering music metadata. The YouTube Rights Management Intern will also be responsible for maintaining the Songtrust YouTube Channel by researching topical songs and curating the channel's playlists. This internship will provide the Intern an opportunity to manage and evaluate YouTube's backend and test new strategies.
SO, WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Conduct day-to-day CMS tasks including reviewing and claiming videos
- Stay up-to-date with song releases and compile song lists for ingestion
- Manage and prioritize ownership conflicts and coordinating 3rd-party outreach
- Organize and polish Songtrust's YouTube channel content by optimizing video playlists
- Research and monetize new and existing videos containing clients' songs via manual claiming
- Create and maintain spreadsheets of music metadata
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
- Familiarity with Gmail, YouTube, and Google Search
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, and Google Sheets
- Strong interest in new media and music
- Basic understanding of music publishing & music copyright
- A keen attention to detail
- A passion for helping songwriters make money
- An opportunity to work with some of the most talented professionals in the music industry in a casual and welcoming environment
- Weekly Q&A sessions with the head of each department
- A collaborative group project connecting the operations of multiple departments and companies within Songtrust
- Frequent interactive presentations, office-wide breakfasts/lunches, birthday celebrations, and other special events
- SoHo - need we say more?