You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs mental health professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. America's Veterans need you!
As a Licensed Provider for the Department of Veterans Affairs, you will practice independently in the provision of psychological services, engage in professional and scientific work which relates to behavior, capacities, personality, interests, emotions and mental disorders.consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders
- Provide are individual, family, and group psychotherapies and other interventions such as behavioral health and community interventions
- Consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues. Staff psychologists may be involved in program evaluation, teaching, training, and research activities
- Performs evaluations of patients in the Pain Clinic to include assessment of pain, intellectual/cognitive functioning, emotional adjustment, severe mental illness, personality issues, suicide issues, and level of care/placement needs
- Respond to consults within the time limits specified by Psychology Service and Medical Center policies
- Complies with national and local performance measures, including timely health care screening and completion of clinical reminders for all patients
- Looks for innovative ways to increase psychology services to medical center
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pmFinancial Disclosure Report: