Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Primarily serves as a liaison between Radiology professionals and customers to include community physicians, internal physicians, service departments and offsite facilities. Expedites the coordination of all testing and services in the department by coordinating the scheduling of diagnostic testing and procedures.Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a primary point of contact between Radiologist, Breast Navigator, and community physicians by communicating and facilitating all follow up on studies, scheduling of procedures, and responding to patient scheduling issues.
2. Performs all support functions in all areas of the Breast Imaging Center.
3. Obtains prior films/studies as requested by Radiologists, Breast Navigator, and technologists. Uploads prior imaging/reports in PACS. Utilizes the Cerner, PACS, PacsGear, Soarian and Hologic systems.
4. Schedules all Radiology breast procedures with the patient or physicians' office staff by coordinating Radiologist, room availability and technical resources.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and courteously. Takes detailed messages to ensure accurate and timely responses. Retrieves messages and responds to them in a timely fashion.
6. Utilizes Soarian to block exam rooms for scheduling purposes and maintenance when appropriate.
7. Assists other staff members as needed to ensure service excellence and quality of care in the department.
8. Performs pre-registration functions in the system and enters accurate and complete demographic and financial information to aid in securing payment for services rendered.
9. Obtains proper patient prescriptions from ordering physicians.
10. Retrieves prior imaging for next day patient schedules using the Hologic Manager.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:
Data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Customer service and organizational skills.Minimum Experience:
Associate Degree, Invision, Cerner, Document Imaging, PACS, Sorian Scheduling.Location:
Danbury-20 Germantown RdOrg Unit:
Breast Ctr GermantownWork Type:
Day 8, 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - FridayExempt from Overtime:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.