Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support
SASN -Spanish & Portuguese Stds
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies is dedicated to the study of the languages, literatures and cultures of Spain, Latin America and the Lusophone worlds, as well as Latina/o populations in the United States. To continue with our tradition of excellence, in recent years our department has hired a group of young scholars who publish cutting-edge research in their fields.
Rutgers University-Newark, an urban, public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise, is seeking an Administrative Coordinator. Reporting to the Chair, Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies (SPS), School of Arts and Sciences-Newark (SASN). The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to faculty, staff, and students of the Department and all of its programs. Assists Chair, faculty, and staff with coordination and administration of academic and other programs, including, but not limited to, Lives in Translation. The duties of the Administrative Coordinator includes but not limited to the following;
- Manages general inquiries, maintains and updates websites, social media, and databases.
- Arranges and coordinates events and meetings.
- Prepares and processes payroll appointments and transactions.
- Prepares purchase requisitions and business expense reimbursements.
- Manages day-to-day administrative operations of the Department and its programs.
- Assists with reconciling and managing of budget and expenses
- Serves as initial point of contact for the Department, interacting extensively with the University community, students and prospective students, and external stakeholders and ensuring a welcoming and responsive environment.
- Provides information and assistance to students, which requires knowledge of curriculum, majors/minors, and other requirements and processes.
- Provides timely and accurate information in response to requests and on the policies and process of the Department, SASN, Rutgers University-Newark (RU-N), the Rutgers University (RU) system, and external stakeholders.
- Carries out routine and semi-routine work within parameters for the Department and under general supervision.
- Performs professional work that requires knowledge of general administrative and office management practices, as well as specific knowledge of University policies and procedures.Please visit our website: https://sasn.rutgers.edu/academics-admissions/academic-departments/department-spanish-portuguese-studies