Carwash Services of the Southeast is an industry leader providing services, chemicals and professional installation to meet the demands of car washes across the region. Our dedicated, expert-led sales, service, and support divisions work together to equip car wash business owners with the tools they need to achieve and maintain success, including around-the-clock service and 3 regional parts and chemical warehouses in the southeast.
We are currently looking for a Service Technician with previous experience in related fields to join our team. We service car washes in GA, FL, NC, SC, AL, TN, KY, and VA. Travel out of town a couple nights a month is common. Weekend work will be scheduled as on call one weekend a month. This is not your normal 9-5 type job; work may have to be scheduled before or after the car washes' normal operational hours.
Category: Hourly Non-Exempt
Dept: CWSSE Service
Reports to: Field Service Manager
Hours: 7:00am - 5:00 with additional overtime hours as needed, requires travel Monday - Friday.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Interact with customers reflecting courtesy, integrity and good workmanship
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Completing specified assignments in as little time as required meeting quality standards
- Safeguard company and customer information and valuable equipment
- Complete all records of contacts, time and travel on a daily basis
- Maintain the highest level of skills for installation and service of specified systems
- Train customer personnel on equipment use
- Provide a status of service work performed in-house or on-site per sales ticket
- Comply with pertinent safety codes and regulations, i.e., OSHA
- Assist in the training of new Service Technicians
- Clean and inspect company provided service vehicles each week
- Understands that there may be other duties to perform as needed that are not itemized in this job description
- Technical Qualifications -
o Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
o Ability to read diagrams and blue prints.
o Basic Mathematical & Analytical Skills - performing operations in adding, subtracting, multiplying and diving.
o Will require proper coordination, and motor skills to work with power/hand tools as needed.
o Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDSExperience & Education:
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to potential issues.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Mechanical - knowledge of Machines & Tools. Will require proper coordination, and motor skills to work with power/hand tools as needed.
- Finger Dexterity - The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects. Will require proper coordination, and motor skills to work with power/hand tools as needed.
- Communication Skills - The ability to effectively communicate, build a rapport and relate well to all kinds of people.
- Personal Accountability - A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others.
- Teamwork - The ability to work effectively and productively with others. Behaves in a manner consistent with team values and mission & responds positively to feedback from team members and supervisor. Treats all people with respect, courtesy and consideration; respects differences in the attitudes and perspectives of others.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Safety - Practices safe work habits and encourages others to do the same. Identifies ways to improve the safety of the work environment. Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures to promote effective safety operations.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Preference given to Technical School graduates, Automotive Techs, Fabricators, & Installers.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a field tech, running service calls, completing work orders, interacting positively with customers
- A valid driver's license.
- Mechanically inclined
- Must have a strong working knowledge of electronics & electrical circuits, plumbing, and pressurized systems
- Must have basic understanding of mathematics
- Able to read and understand blueprints and schematics
- Positive attitude
- Dependable, ethical, honest, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Clear, open, and effective communication
- Must be able to supply your own hand tools, as required
- Able to lift and maneuver up to 50lbs
- Able to work outdoors in the heat and cold
- Must pass a background check, including MVR, and drug screen.
- Must be able to read and understand the English language
- Maintain a neat appearance and wear proper clothing
- Demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations
- Consistently demonstrates ability to recognize and deal with priorities
- Keeps the Field Service Manager informed on all problems
- Seeks guidance and direction, as necessary, for performance of duties
- Demonstrates good judgment in investigating and solving problems