Office Assistant AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: SOUTH ASHEVILLE
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Community Involvement
- Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
- Great Benefits
- Co-workers that feel like family
- Faith Based
Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Professionally and politely greet the patients as they enter the practice.
- Appropriately perform all tasks related to the registration of the patients into the practice management system to include but not limited to collecting and verifying patient demographics, including email address, mobile phone, insurance information, and insurance eligibility etc.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to co-workers, physicians and practice supervisor.
- Perform clerical duties.
- Explain billing policies, collect co-payments and outstanding patient balances.
- Schedule new and return appointments; explain registration process and give directions to new patients; may explain procedure preparation to patients.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year medical office experience preferred
Greet and register patients. Collect and verify patient demographic information to include email address, patient portal registration, mobile phone collection and insurance information and benefit eligibility. Perform clerical duties. Meet the communication needs of the patient/family, office/clinic staff and the medical staff
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.