Reporting to the (Sr.) District Service Manager, the Service Team Supervisor supervises, coaches and counsels a team of customer service engineers. Assesses team's developmental requirements, established training objectives and coordinates activities to achieve them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct core work activities related to customers and monitor metrics on response time, down time, time between calls, and time to repair products. Evaluate data and make recommendations for improvements to better serve the customer.
- Manage the staff through responsible recruiting, training, motivating, discipline, performance reviews, rewarding, coaching and counseling. Determine the training needs for the staff and ensure that programs are delivered to increase their skill base and technical proficiency.
- Ensures the optimal utilization of people and technical resources, through forecasting, planning and scheduling. Realign resources as needed to ensure customer satisfaction. Resolve any customer issues or complaints.
- Act as first level service management by addressing first level customer escalations.
- Provides technical advice and assistance during new product installation and field conversions or modifications by supervising the installation, performance, checkout and debugging of new systems.
- Enhance technical knowledge for technicians by creating organizing, reviewing, and updating service documentation, bulletins, retrofit instruction, system machine schematics etc. Act as a liaison to technical service by providing feedback on field technical issues particularly where patterns have been identified. Develop potential solutions.
- Assesses, plans and delivers technical training to technicians.
- Provide consultation to District Service Manager on technicians' performance reviews, and on hires, terminations, and disciplinary measures.
- Schedule the team's activities and determine resource allocation such as time, manpower, equipment, and parts. Distribute workload by determining technician job assignments. Assess the teams effectiveness in providing service to the customers by developing methods and mechanisms for tracking their performance. Develop strategies and action plans to address deficiencies and improve efficiency and productivity.
- Provide for the safety of team members and company property.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- High School graduate, or equivalent with 5+ years of advanced mechanical/electronic/software training in mail processing equipment, and/or electro-mechanical, robotic equipment or related experience required. Associate degree in digital electronics or related field preferred.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use standard and specialized hand, power and trouble-shooting tools and measuring equipment including but not limited to power line monitors, Multi-meters, oscilloscopes, E-prom burners, etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills; ability to read and interpret technical drawing and documentation; good project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal/customer relations skills, clear verbal and written communications; ability to coordinate others to accomplish goals.
- Proficiency on PC multiple operating systems.
- Proficient in organizational skills with customers and district.
- Able to develop action item plans and follow through until complete.
- Available 24X7
- Proficient with service data automation and crm tools.
- Available for travel on short notice if customer or associate concerns arise within the district.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires reading, math, weighing and/or measuring, conducting research, analyzing, evaluating and drawing conclusions, implementing plans, procedures, solutions, coordinating others to accomplish a goal.
- Requires sitting and walking.
- Requires using hands to finger and feel, reaching with hands and arms.
- Requires standing, talking and hearing.
- Requires close, distant, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception.
- Extensive out of town travel up to 100 days a year.
- Work is performed in a controlled office and manufacturing environment; noise within acceptable safety levels; work sometimes performed in cramped areas; paper dust prevalent; cleaners and solvents used to clean machines.