Riverside Research is seeking a full-time member of the research team to work in the Dayton, Ohio area. Candidate will conduct technical research, collect, manage, and analyze technical data in both English and Russian, and perform work under the direct supervision of a research team member. This position will support USAF space-related research programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.Job Responsibilities:
- Researches and acquires technical data and information from foreign research publications, peer reviewed journal articles, papers, and open source venues addressing space-related technologies
- Catalogues and tags data; organizes information for storage and retrieval
- Maintains a complete listing of research material to include, the title of the material; author, the origination date; language; the type of material (i.e. article, abstract, report, electronic media, etc.); and any other information necessary to identify the inventory of collected research data
- Meets regularly with research team members to discuss research assignments
- Analyzes and prepares data for written documentation on the findings, to include verbal and written comments
- Writes reports and papers, including comprehensive final summary research reports
- Assists research team with identifying new and novel space-related technologies
- Leverages expertise and language skills to assist other research team members with technical academic research
- Uses language skills to provide document translation
- Assists research team with identifying relevant conferences, symposiums, academic exchanges, and meetings
- Attends relevant conferences, symposiums, and academic exchanges, and meetings
- Prepares and presents briefings on the research findings
- Assists with Identifying and prioritizing areas that require more detailed evaluation
- Performs routine clerical duties as instructed, if essential to the research activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field, military intelligence training or equivalent experience; degree in Aero/Astronautical, Computer, Electrical, or System Engineering, Physics, or natural science preferred
- Language proficiency in Russian
- Knowledge of space-related systems and technologies
- Research experience in technical areas such as space systems, Engineering, Science, Computer Science
- Experience conducting research as part of a team
- Experience with web-based research
- Strong writing skills with experience writing Research Reports
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong briefing skills with experience presenting material in public
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Master Degree or current enrollment in a graduate program
- Experience with the Department of Defense and/or the Intelligence Community
- Knowledge of Russian space programs
- Knowledge of Russian political, military, and University Systems
- Knowledge of and/or Experience with Russian Culture
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.