This establishes an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT which will be utilized to maintain eligible/qualified applicants to be considered for current Contract Specialist vacancies with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer Acquisition and Contract Management. The "What Happens Next" area of the announcement provides additional information on the referral process for this type of announcement.
The Contract Specialist performs the following major duties:
- Serves as a Contracting Officer for an assigned group of contracts and agreements for supplies and services in support of Peace Corps activities.
- Performs all aspects of contracting transactions, from initiation to recommendation of award, to procurement of supplies and/or services with specialized requirements, such as the procurement of complex information systems, medical and surgical supplies, medical administrative services, supply and production items, information technology supplies and/or services to include hardware licensing, and software, etc., to contract close-out.
- Determines the type of contract, establishes acquisition milestones, and assist in drafting acquisition plans.
- Advises management and contracting officers on matters pertaining to contracting actions, including contracting procedures and policy interpretation in day to day contact and through formal correspondence, for major contracts and projects.
- Works with legal counsel to settle disputes and/or claims involving a variety of prime contractors and/or subcontractors.
- Advises and assist contracting officer representatives, and other program office subject matter experts in drafting work statements, proposal analysis reports, etc.
- Participates in the negotiation of new contract awards, change orders and contract modifications.
- Conducts in-depth compliance reviews and evaluation of complex, unusual, or unprecedented contract actions requiring higher-level approval.
NOTE: The duties listed are those reflective of the higher graded position.