We are searching for an Inside Plant Engineering Intern (College) at our Palmer HQ facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Student interns are used periodically to help supplement the workforce in IPE. Interns will work in close collaboration with the Circuit Layout Engineers assisting with documenting the inside plant infrastructure throughout MTA's network.
- Photo documentation of all equipment within MTA's C.O.'s, huts, cabinets and customer prem lease equipment sites.
- Assist with entering of equipment information into records database, help in reconciling equipment information within records database. Other database work as required.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to be effective and efficient working either independently with mentor oversight, or as a supporting role as a member of a small team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants will be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship. When a student intern is required during the normal school year, the applicant may be a part time student.
- Applicants currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program for Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent major will be given first preference
- 3.0 GPA or greater preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and drafting skills preferred.
- Previous related internship/work experience preferred, preference will be given to returning student interns that have performed satisfactorily in the past.
Employment Type: Temporary Student Intern
Compensation Type: Hourly Wage
Compensation Range: 15.00 - 17.00