Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, American States Utility Services, Inc. contracts with the federal government to provide water and wastewater services that include operating, maintaining, renewing, replacing, and constructing new systems on military installations throughout the United States. The installations where we presently operate are home to nearly 350,000 military and civilian personnel and families.
We proudly deliver these vital services to military installations in Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas (including southeastern New Mexico), Virginia, Florida, and Kansas.
Serving those who serve
United States Veterans, Reservists, Guardsmen and Military Spouses encouraged to apply
Water/Wastewater O&M Intern
- Observes all Federal, State and Company safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Under close supervision, perform activities related to water and wastewater systems maintenance, including water quality and water supply
- Supervised assistance on the installation, repairs and replacement of water mains, service connections, meters, fire hydrants, backflow devices, sewer lines, lateral cleanouts, manholes and other related water and wastewater system assets
- Operate the GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) unit, learning about locating underground lines and assist on the dig permit process
- Develop knowledge of Eglin AFB water system and lift station operations
- Develop an understanding of the ASUS service request process; respond quickly to emergency requests with Utility Leads and Technicians
- Under close supervision, conduct maintenance on curb stops, valves, fire hydrants and backflow preventers. Perform fire hydrant flow testing.
- While performing activities such as hydrant flushing/flow testing, painting of fire hydrant bonnets, valve exercising, backflow preventer testing, etc., verify GIS assets with the ArcGIS Collector and Explorer Applications - asset additions to be compiled and summit through REA
- Painting of curb stop, valve donuts and hydrants
- Develop a working knowledge and understanding of Environmental Health and Safety practices related to the utilities industry
- Currently enrolled in a local accredited University or College
- Must work well with others and participate on a crew
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License issued by the state where employed
- Must be a United State Citizen
- Must take and pass Federal OSHA and or State Mandated Safety training with annual refresher courses as required by the associated regulations for this Position. Such training will be provided by company and compliance is mandatory
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- Lift and carry loads up to 50lbs and push or pull up to 75lbs
- Work in confined spaces
- Work in areas exposed to noise and chemicals
- Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/puling, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, balancing, vision, hearing, talking, hand & foot controls
The responsibilities of this position will involve access to information that may be considered confidential, private and sensitive. Therefore, the individual filling this position will be required to both allow and pass a background check.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.