Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
Primary function of a Co-Op/Intern: To assist (and learn from) project management and/or estimating teams with daily tasks to build/estimate projects. Co-Op assignments normally involve three (3) work rotations alternating with school semester attendance. Each rotation will be at a different location with one of our job sites in the southeast region of the United States.
Typical Duties Include, but are not limited to:
Work in Estimating
- Learn the Construction Specifications Institute Master Format, divisions and sections, and how it relates to the Construction Industry.
- Learn to read and interpret project specifications, contract requirements, and bid preparations.
- Perform subcontractor soliciting.
- Perform quantity take-offs.
- Learn and utilize Quest estimating software.
- Become familiar with labor costs. Analyze labor for specific tasks.
- Receive and evaluate supplier and subcontractor proposals.
- Participate in bid reviews.
- Assist in preparing bid packages.
Work in Project Management (Office & Field)
- Maintain project files, current drawings, as-built records, and production records.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Estimate material needs for purchasing.
- Write purchase orders.
- Expedite material deliveries.
- Inventory control.
- Assist with the invoice approval process.
- Learn aspects of jobsite safety.
- Assist with value engineering.
- Prepare scopes of work for subcontractors and major vendors.
- Understand budgets and cost tracking.
- Negotiate prices and services.
- Assist with the management of subcontractors.
- Review and prepare submittal documents and O&M manuals.
- Correspond and communicate with vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers, internal office staff, and field personnel.
- Assist with analyzing, procuring, and tracking construction equipment.
- Assist with project schedules (CPM).
- Assist field personnel with technical matters.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with project team.
- 4-year civil engineering degree (completed, currently pursuing, or comparable) from an accredited university with a 2.5 GPA or higher preferred.
- Ability to learn as shown by completing assignments accurately with decreased supervisor oversight through 3 rotations.
- Display initiative to go above and beyond minimum expectations (is hungry to learn).
- Set high personal standards and strive for excellence in quality of work.
- Ability to work with a team by contributing to discussions and helping team members.
- Evidence of past interest in construction through previous jobs, activities, and/or volunteering preferred.
- Advanced Miscrosoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Quickly and consistently adhere to all safety requirements.
- Timely and punctual arrival to appointed workplace, meetings, and jobsites.
- Valid, non-restrictive drivers license preferred.
At the heart of Crowder s Mission Statement is the commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees. Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment