Location US-California-San Diego Date Posted 13 May 2019
A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.Summary:
The Manufacturing Engineering internship is offered to students in order to educate them on Manufacturing Engineering related activities and provide the opportunity for visiting the plant, observing other Engineers performing their work, and looking at how issues are identified and addressed in the manufacturing processes.
The internship will be for a period of 3 months during the summer. At the San Diego facility, products are designed and manufactured to protect our ships, aircraft, and most importantly, our country. Join the Cobham San Diego team and gain valuable experience while helping protect U.S. and allied forces around the world.
Cobham has hired a number of interns upon their graduation. Our team of engineers are excellent mentors, work with interns to maximize the benefits students can achieve from working in a real manufacturing environment.Essential Functions and Duties:
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Participates in the day to day activities of assigned functional area assisting in the completion of routine and non-routine tasks.
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve problems.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional tasks and projects, as needed.
(The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training.)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Pursuing a degree in a Manufacturing/Operations/Engineering related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel. Role requires extensive use of spreadsheet applications.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.