TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
The Schaumburg, IL office seeks civil engineering students to join our growing office of structural, roadway, highway, rail, and intermodal designers and construction inspectors as co-ops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform Roadway Design using Microstation / Geopak
- Assist with computation of plan quantities.
- Works well independently and in team environment.
- Commitment to quality work and timely communication.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.