Golden View Health Care Center has been providing quality health care services to the community since opening its doors. We pride ourselves on innovative thinking, responsiveness to individual needs and most of all, the caliber of our in-house skilled, experienced and caring staff. By working collaboratively with organizations dedicated to best practices in health care and consistently allocating resources in support of quality initiatives, we are able to ensure that individuals have the support and tools needed to maintain their highest level of independence.
Through decades of providing reputable services, the staff and residents of the Lakes Region's Golden View Health Care Center have grown together to accept a set of values about how we live and work together. We have come to respect this foundation because we recognize that what makes this a special place to live and work is not only what we do, but how we do it.
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct occupational therapy treatment and document those services for residents with impaired ability to perform at an independent level due to disease process under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist; to assist in the planning and organization of Occupational Therapy services in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations; and to participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as required.
- Follow physician's orders for resident care and follow directions of the Occupational Therapist.
- Provide appropriate treatment to help residents maintain or attain the highest level of function possible within the confines of his/her physical abilities and in accordance with the plan established by the Occupational Therapist.
- Provide appropriate treatment, preventative measures and adaptive equipment to prevent decline in residents' function and help residents maintain or attain the highest level of function possible within the confines of his/her physical abilities.
- Provide appropriate resident or caregiver education to help residents maintain or attain the highest level of function possible within the confines of his/her condition.
- Provide adaptive equipment and preventative measures to prevent decline in resident's function.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- Follow Residents' Rights policies at all times.
- Be responsible for the safety of residents under his/her supervision.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Assume duties related to completion of Minimum Data Set assessments as assigned.
- Complete documentation related to therapy screens, MDS assessments, resident care plans and progress notes in a timely manner.
- Participate in resident care conferences, interdisciplinary care conferences and rehabilitation conferences as scheduled.
- Participate in implementation of programs to improve resident care related to Quality Indicators.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents' representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Ability to understand and comply with applicable federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
- Ensure that the therapy area is maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such duties/supplies.
- Provide necessary material/equipment for resident to perform required therapy.
- Inform the resident of consequences of not participating in prescribed therapy and document such action in the resident's clinical record.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant shall be a graduate of an accredited program in O.T. Assisting with an Associates Degree. * Must possess a State of New Hampshire license as an Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA).