Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking experienced Weapons Systems Engineer to support a new Hypersonics weapons program. As such, you will support Systems Engineering efforts and to possibly include:
- Requirements development and flowdown
- Concept of operations development
- Interface development
- Trade studies
- Leading a small team in some of these activities
- DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in either Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related field including mathematics degree with a physics-based focus from an accredited college/university
- Experience in Systems Engineering, or related technical discipline experience with knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications
- Experience in requirements development, interface development, system architecture, concept of operations development or trade studies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with customers, peers and leadership
- Strong team collaboration, communication and presentations skills
- Experience in requirements and verification of requirements, DOORS tool
- Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both leadership and internal/external teams
- Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience coordinating with multiple key partners
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
- Space, Missile and/or Launch System segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate coursework
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL: