BURGER REHABILITATION SYSTEMS, INC. is seeking a California licensed Physical Therapist Assistant to work in our Outpatient division in Woodland, California. This is a beautiful new facility with state of the art equipment!
We invite you to join our professional team providing excellent patient care and adding a personal touch to the individual therapy needs of each and every patient. You will assist in the evaluations of patients to determine the needs for physical therapy. Under the physician's order, treat patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain optimal performances using physical means such as heat, water, electricity, and light.
This position is offered full-time, four-10/hour/days or five-8/hour/days, with a full benefit package!
New Graduates are always welcomed!
Physical Therapist Assistant Job Description:
SUMMARY: Assists the physical therapist in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Take direction from the Registered Physical Therapist.
- Under physician's orders, treat patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain an optimal performance using such physical means as heat, water, electricity, light, massage, etc.
- Aid and direct patients in active and passive exercises, muscle re-education, gait and functional training, activities of daily living and prosthetic training.
- Give whirlpool and contrast baths, apply moist heat.
- Apply intermittent traction, ultra-sound, short wave diathermy, etc.
- Instruct patients in the care and use of wheelchairs, walkers, braces, canes, crutches and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Observe, record and report patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
- Serve as a member of the patient care team.
- Record a progress note in the patient's medical record for each visit whether out-patient, home or convalescent hospital patient.
- The Physical Therapy Assistant is at all times under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist in compliance with Statute laws and regulations, and Burger policies and procedures. The Physical Therapy Assistant shall at no time perform evaluations or change a patient's treatment program. These activities will be referred to the supervising therapist.
- The Physical Therapy Assistant also participates in educational programs to improve his/her therapy skills.