Nutritional Services Worker Full Time (varied shifts) AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
Full Time - Varied Shifts
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nutritional Services, the Nutritional Services Worker II performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties as well as other related tasks.
- Prepares and delivers items as requested by patients or departments.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
- Delivers food carts to patient care units. Returns carts to kitchen as designated times.
- Load and watches dishwashers.
- Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
- Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
- Assists in preparing salads, desserts and nourishments.
- Performs special cleaning duties as assigned by the Director of Nutritional Services.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Observes infection control practices at all times.
- Practices in departmental performance improvement activities.
- Assists in orienting new employees to department.
- Works hospital cafeteria food line and restocks salad bar as needed.
What You Will Need:
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
- Additional languages preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous hospital or food service experience required
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nutritional Services, the Nutritional Services Worker II performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties as well as other related tasks.