We are looking for a Data Engineer/scientist to work in the X-ray Image Quality Engineering team to assist and build machine learning algorithms using imaging data. This individual will interface with internal GE engineering and data science teams to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, challenging, and creative environment.Essential Responsibilities:
• Be part of a cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include engineers, statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, product managers, and end users.
- Contribute to technical teams in development and deployment of algorithms using machine learning to improve the quality of X-Ray images and/or extract information from the images.
- Be an expert in industry wide available best in class open source tool
- Work with the engineering team to incorporate your analyses and solutions, including working with the visualization team to create intuitive UI and rich UX stories. Partner with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics efforts.
- Provide guidance to data collection teams on test protocols including design of experiments, sample size, and statistical distributions. Design and implement scene labeling techniques for medical images. Design and implement image preprocessing and alignment algorithms. Hyper parameter optimization.
- Demonstrate algorithms meet accuracy requirements on general subject population, and a variety of image processing conditions, through statistical analyses and error estimation.
- Write technical reports summarizing development, analysis, training, validation, and testing of the algorithms.
- Stay up-to-date in the field of machine learning and deep learning. Apply new technologies in development of product.
Bachelor's Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 1-3 years analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting.Eligibility Requirements:
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an
employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.Desired Characteristics: Desired Characteristics:
Master's Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Experience with image processing algorithms
Experience in medical imagingTechnical Expertise:
Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g. Matlab, R, Python, etc.)
Demonstrated experience in image processing algorithms, preferably applied to 2-D projection medical images
Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
Demonstrated expertise in modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
Have completed graduate-level coursework in statistics
Experimental design experience
Technical proficiency in languages such as R, Matlab, Python, C++, Java, etc., and technologies such as Dockers and processor specific model optimizations.
Experience with medical imaging analysis leveraging methodologies using GPUs
Hands-on advanced proficiency in handling and analyzing large data sets such as medical imaging data
Extensive experience with neural network libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
Expertise in broader machine techniques
Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
Experienced with the information technology aspects of data collection, organization, and integration
Knowledge in optimal computational environment required for data processing, data mining and training
Software applications development experienceAbout Us:
GE (NYSE: GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Additional Locations: United States;Wisconsin;Waukesha;