The Experienced Career Development Specialist is responsible for the digital engagement efforts serving Villanova alumni, graduate students and adult learners in their career development. The successful candidate will work with the Experienced Career Development team to manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the University's online network hosting 15,000 alumni, students, faculty and staff. The Specialist is responsible for managing online events including networking events, employer engagement events, and more. The Specialist will work in collaboration with the Digital Engagement Analyst in Alumni Relations and the marketing team in the University Career Center to effectively market digital platforms and events and assist in creation of new content. The position will seek opportunities and coordinate the recording of existing live events on campus and across alumni regional clubs to make programs scalable to 123,000 worldwide alumni, current graduate students and adult learners. As a valued member of both the University Career Center and Alumni Relations teams, the Experienced Career Development Specialist will develop and manage relationships with staff on both teams, across the University, including graduate programs and College of Professional Studies.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage user approval for exclusive University online networking platform and maintain integrity of site daily.
- Correspond with platform vendor on trending issues, user concerns, and technical issues to assist internal constituents with platform participation.
- Under the direction of the Director for Experienced Career Development, build relevant career development content for the experienced professional including alumni, graduate students and adult learners.
- Collaborate with the Networks and Industry Initiatives Officer to maintain content in groups including industry and affinity.
- Collaborate with Regional Engagement team to upkeep regional groups' content ensuring it is engaging and informative.
- Oversee official LinkedIn group for Alumni Relations.
- Assess and leverage emerging technology to scale career development resources nationally to alumni, graduate student and adult learner population.
- Seek out and coordinate the recording and delivery of career development skill-building webinars in collaboration with the Career Transitions Coach, University-wide professional development staff, and institutes.
- Support processes and procedures as they relate to posting, scheduling, and communication support on community-wide career programs and events (career fairs, virtual and live panel discussions, networking events, etc.) that meet the career development needs of alumni, graduate students and adult learners interested in collaboration with Alumni Relations team, especially the Digital Engagement Analyst, Networks & Industry Initiative Officer, and Regional and Club Engagement team.
- Act as liaison to University Advancement Communication team for the Experienced Career Development team.
- Partner with University Career Center's Digital Marketing team to effectively promote all offerings to graduate students and adult learners.
- Collect and analyze data on alumni, graduate student and adult learner engagement in collaboration with the Digital Engagement Analyst and Associate Director of Digital Media and Assessment.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Understanding of social media platforms, experience with recording and editing digital media.
- 0-3 years' experience in marketing, higher education, digital engagement, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, teamwork and relationship-management skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office and social media including LinkedIn.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Knowledge of CRM, career and events platforms preferred (eg. Brazen, PeopleGrove, Aventri, Salesforce, and Handshake.).
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 05/07/2019
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: H
Job Classification: exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/16188
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.