American Dental Partners Inc.Location:
Wakefield, MAPosition Summary:
American Dental Partners' vision is to be the leading business partner to dental group practices in the nation. Our mission is to elevate the practice, profession and delivery of oral care. For 20 years and counting, we've empowered and supported our team members with leading edge technology, professional development, and education to build healthy, enduring community based dental group practices.
The Corporate Development Analyst supports American Dental Partners' merger and acquisition (M&A) growth initiatives. The Analyst works closely with the Company's Corporate Development Team, functional teams, local business unit leaders, and affiliated dental groups to support the sourcing and execution of attractive acquisition opportunities. Key elements of these responsibilities include analyzing sellers' financial statements, assessing potential revenue and cost synergies, developing the financial models to estimate the expected investment returns, and managing various aspects of the due diligence process. The Analyst also assists with the sourcing of investment opportunities, demographic and geospatial analysis, data-driven analytics, and the tracking and reporting of completed investments.
A successful candidate will learn how to compile, analyze, and interpret operational and financial information to participate in and influence the Company's growth strategy. A successful candidate can also expect to learn how to source and evaluate acquisition candidates, including important valuation, cultural, and legal/contractual aspects of the acquisition process. Experiences in the role should position a candidate for pursuit of a graduate degree in business or alternatively increasing responsibility and accountability, including subject matter professional designations/qualifications.
- Analyze financial and operating information and develop financial models with input from the Company's Corporate Development Team, affiliated dental groups, construction project managers, and business units to evaluate revenue, expense, capital expenditure, and investment returns of potential acquisition targets.
- Participate in acquisition due diligence, the execution of transactions, and coordinate integration efforts, including interactions with sellers and the Company's various functional groups and legal counsel, to ensure smooth, orderly processes with predictable closing dates.
- Assist in the identification, research, marketing efforts, outreach, and overall relationship management related to potential acquisition candidates, as well as third party intermediaries. This includes producing supportive demographic analyses and associated maps, developing targeted acquisition lists, and coordinating mailing and email campaigns.
- Maintain new business development pipeline reports, as well as performance monitoring reports which demonstrate whether the Company's investments are performing to expectations.
- Prepare approval documents, memoranda, and presentations related to acquisitions and special projects for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- CRM and database management and other ad hoc projects and administrative duties as assigned.
- Understanding of corporate finance and valuation concepts including net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and strong understanding of both GAAP (gross profit, net income) and non-GAAP (EBITDA) measures of profitability.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of personnel at corporate and business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of success, both academically and professionally.
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts and generally accepted accounting principles with ability to demonstrate application of theory in practice.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Within MS Excel, ability to work with financial statements, financial models, and large data sets.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic achievement.
- 1+ year of professional experience or directly comparable internship / cooperative education experience.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate, or healthcare services a plus.
- Experience with geospatial software, general ledger systems, and business intelligence software (i.e., Cognos/TM1) a plus.
- Finance experience within a corporate, investment banking, private equity, accounting, consultancy, or real estate environment a plus.
- Consulting experience a plus.
AMDPI offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about American Dental Partners please visit our homepage at www.amdpi.com.