We are First Western Trust.
Individually, we are entrepreneurs, advisors, art collectors, and more. Together, we are a team with a mission to be the best: We find ways to share and celebrate excellent work; we are prepared to go above and beyond to do what's right; we work with purpose; we create new solutions that allow us to deliver better value; we expect and invite honesty from others; and we seek to understand before being understood. This is who we are, how we work, what we believe, and what we expect.
First Western Trust is seeking a paid Intern for 15-30 hours per week, starting in August for up to 9 months.
The Enterprise Technology Intern will directly support with the Enterprise Technology and Operations teams, with opportunities to gain experience in and exposure to Banking, Information Technology, and Data Analytics. Day-to-day tasks may cover a variety of business needs such as the testing of software developments or reports, data scrubbing and analysis, validating data or software quality, and providing baseline user support for various programs used by the bank. This associate will also assist in implementing a variety of initiatives aimed at the achievement of business objectives.
Software Development & Report Testing
- Interact with developers to understand the goals of development efforts
- Complete thorough, careful testing of reports and software developments to ensure user needs are met and a smooth rollout to the bank occurs
- Provide first line support to users who are unsure how to effectively perform the defined processes and/or use applications
- Develop job aids, and user guides and/or desktop procedures for processes which utilize core applications (e.g., CRM, Content Management)
Data Reporting & Analysis
- Perform data cleaning and validation to ensure data quality for use in analyses or bank applications
- Compile data, generating data output and reports
- Support the Enterprise Technology and Operations Teams in implementing and executing initiatives
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures
- Assist in the support of enterprise capabilities throughout their lifecycle including requirements elicitation, testing, operating, and improving the features and user experience associated with the capability
- First Western is willing to work with individual class schedules and to consider periodic work schedule adjustments to accommodate changes in course schedules
- The Enterprise Technology Intern will be considered for additional opportunities such as the Professional Development Program and/or job placement
- High School Diploma is required. Progress towards a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel) is required
- Ability to work independently and with teams to accomplish goals within given timelines
- Problem solving skills to address complex issues and actively innovate solutions
- Effectively communicate findings, recommendations and actionable items through written and verbal formats to all levels of the organization
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Mental: Willingness to learn new software and programs. Ability to think critically. High degree of adaptability and comfort with change and innovation.
- Physical: Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time. Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements. Ability to lift up to 15lbs. Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment. Ability to drive to various locations*(certain positions only).
First Western Financial, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our associates. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran