At Lockheed Martin, customer focus, innovation and purpose are built into everything we do. We're on a mission. Your mission. When millions of people are counting on you. You can count on us.
Learn more at https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/yourmission.html
Every day, our employees come to work with one focus - our customers' missions. Whether its protecting citizens or advancing the boundaries of science, these missions are some of the most important and challenging in the world. We bring an unwavering commitment to help our customers succeed, and it's that sense of purpose and opportunity to make a difference in the world that drives us every day.
We are seeking a Human Resource Summer Intern. This unique and exciting internship will provide a diverse HR development opportunity for the right candidate seeking a career in HR. Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Attend meetings with client organizations to gain an understanding of the business, growth, and upcoming human resource related actions that ensure the client organization is supported and achieving results that are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Support various HR functions in the development and/or execution of strategic workforce plans for assigned client organizations.
- Participate in the review of workforce metrics to identify workforce gaps, risks, and areas of opportunity for the client organization in order to partner with the relevant Human Resources Centers of Excellence (COE) to prioritize and design the corresponding mitigation.
- Participate in the coaching, consultation, and guidance provided to leaders and employees on the effective management of people, resources, and organizations, as well as demonstrating effective interpersonal skills related to communication and conflict management.
- Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other software tools and solutions, as needed, to prepare documents and presentations.
- Independently plan and execute projects.
Must be a US Citizen as this position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Must be localBasic Qualifications:
Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelor or Master's program pursuing a degree Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or Business Administration with an emphasis/focus on HR, or a related field.
Must be local and able to travel to site without financial assistance from Lockheed MartinDesired Skills:
- Prior experience in the field/discipline of Human Resources applying standard practices, processes, and regulations.
- Experience consulting with an assigned client organization on Human Resources topics.
- Experience managing projects and initiatives, including developing project plans, identifying stakeholders, preparing corresponding communication plans, identifying of milestones, deadlines, and metrics to assess outcomes/results.
- Ability and experience coaching leaders and employees.
- Ability and experience facilitating groups to create solutions and resolve issues.
- Ability to influence stakeholders using multiple methods based on context.
- Basic to moderate knowledge and experience with change management principles and methodology.
- Basic to moderate knowledge of organization design principles and methodology.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics.
- Strong decision making and judgment, oral and written communication, and business acumen.
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL: