You will serve as a senior level structural engineer developing, promoting, and applying sound design, plan development, construction support, and maintenance for the structural components of Federal Lands Highway projects.
Serving as a Structural Engineer, you will:
- Interpret and apply relevant structural codes and guidelines for design, construction, testing,and maintenance of structures, including seismic design and retrofit; determine structural design parameters; design approved structures using appropriate mathematical analysis for loading conditions.
- Develop Plans, Specifications & Estimates (PS&E) for bridges and other highway structures that comply with FLH Bridge Design Manual, AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, AASHTO Construction Specifications, and other appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Use MicroStation, CADD, and structural analysis computer programs/software to design structures.
- Use advanced analysis including concrete, steel and prestressed concrete design for both new construction and rehabilitation to address project needs.
- Use the most current technologies, standards, and practices in the development of projects.
- Provide technical assistance in the review of structures construction submittals or proposals,issue resolution, and field support.
The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned mid-career structural engineer with experience independently and effectively working in multi-disciplinary teams; providing bridge design services as well as developing or leading the development of Plans,Specifications, and Estimates packages; and using CADD and design software programs in detailing structures.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.