SEARHC was established in 1975 under the provisions of the Indian Self-Determination Act as a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. The intent of this legislation was to have Indian Health Service programs and facilities turned over to tribal management. Our contracting with IHS began in 1976 when we took over management of the Community Health Aides Program. In 1982, we took over operation of the IHS Juneau clinic, now the Ethel Lund Medical Center, and took over operation of Sitka's Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital in 1986. We are one of the oldest and largest Native-run health organizations in the nation.
Perform mammographic and radiographic exams within the Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC). Assist medical staff in special techniques and procedures. Schedules, files, records and performs other office functions to improve department efficiency.
- Mammography: Works closely with the Radiologists to produce quality mammograms. Performs routine views as required and special views as requested. Recognizes pathology. Assists Radiologists with breast needle localizations. Maintains accurate records of quality control tests to keep SEARHC in compliance with ACR/FDA standards. Coordinates patient's care with other departments within SEARHC. Performs all Mammography QA/QC.
- Radiography: Performs diagnostic x-ray examinations. Follows standard positions and views set by SEARHC Radiologists. Receives patients, explains procedures and utilizes standardized techniques, setting and positions to accomplish acceptable results.
- Office Duties: Performs office jobs in a small department including, but not limited to: answering phones, scheduling patients' exams, researching problems, ordering supplies, copying and mailing copies of exams to various facilities, and helping providers. Collaborates with SEARHC staff to create a positive working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited radiologic technology program
- 1 year mammography experience required
- 1 year radiology/x-ray experience required
- ARRT certified (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist).
- Radiology Technologist registered in Radiology and Mammography.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesKnowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology used in standard mammographic and radiographic exams.
- Extensive knowledge of radiation physics and protection (ALARA).
- Considerable knowledge of ACR/FDA requirements for mammography accreditation.
- Skilled at independently performing mammography, and radiography.
- Skilled in oral and written communication with patients and staff.
- Skilled in keeping the mammography records and tests needed for accreditation.
- Able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with radiologists, providers, patients, computer technologists, and SEARHC staff.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in a small department.
- Able to learn new computer systems as needed.
At SEARHC, we see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement. Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it's a fulfilling career.
We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Check out our SEARHC YouTube Video below!