Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Maintains all Plant Services operating systems to include steam, electricity, air, heat, cooling, water, vacuum, medical gases, etc. Provides emergency alternatives for the above in the event of failures. Responds to any and all Facility issues that may arise anywhere in the hospital.Responsibilities:
1. Ensures patient comfort and safety by reducing impact of basic service interruptions.
2. Ensures staff and visitor comfort & safety.
3. Ensures equipment is operating efficiently, and safely. By both rounding of mechanical rooms and monitoring equipment through the building management system (BMS).
4. Performs boiler water analysis and treatment.
5. Corrects and reports hazardous conditions noted on rounds. Monitors boiler pressures, tank levels, various leaks etc. Responds to Code Reds.
6. Reports and logs all defective equipment, particularly if it pertains to safety.
7. Repairs equipment, including patient items, during off shifts.
8. Makes routine rounds (nightly) to all equipment rooms and machine spaces.
9. Answers all calls from the facilities dispatcher and responds to all computer alarms.
10. Responds to elevator problems.
11. Performs preventive maintenance on air handling equipment.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:
Experience working in a hospital or industrial environment. Must have good mechanical aptitude, analytical thinking skills, and at least 7 years of working in a hospital or an industrial environment. Experience in operating air handling units, heating systems, cooling systems, boilers, chillers, and refrigeration equipment. Experience in performing preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment to include filter changes, greasing bearings on pumps and motors etc.Minimum Experience:
seven years or moreDesired:Location:
Danbury-24 Hospital AveWork Schedule:
Night 8Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Type:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.